29 Nov Head of Legal – Global IT Integrator
Head of Legal
£125k + 20% bonus – London Based
Could you oversee all legal resource related activities concerning our clients worldwide group, advising all areas of the company on legal/compliance?
Our client is a multi-national technology services and infrastructure provider that helps their international clients solve their challenges, with over 2,000 staff across 25 global locations. Their clients are larger organisations demanding a capable and trusted partner to solve challenging technical, process and cost concerns.
Core service offerings are: Procurement & Logistics, Operational Support, Managed Resourcing, Transformation Services and Managed Infrastructure.
Delivering to tight limited financial budgets you will own the strategic and operational legal direction of the company as well as an international legal team. The board will need your vital advice in all areas of risk, as you maintain the company risk register and help mitigate commercial and compliance risks. You will also design and implement legal policies and procedures and own, design, implement and advise on corporate governance.
You must of course ensure contracts and documents are in line with applicable laws and business purposes globally and close out any legal disputes. You will also co-ordinate company secretarial work and deal with litigation matters in house and/or with external counsel.
To be considered for this key senior role within our clients organisation you must hold a UK legal qualification with a current practicing certificate and have experience as in-house counsel. You will have comprehensive “hands on” knowledge of law and corporate business practices both here in the UK and overseas.
- Ensure contracts/documents are in line with applicable laws and business purposes globally;
- Own strategic direction of legal and advise the board in all areas of risk
- Keep company risk register
- Own, Design, Implement and advise on corporate governance
- Mitigate/address legal and compliance risks;
- Advise all areas of the company on legal/compliance;
- Design and implementation of legal policies and procedures;
- Coordinate litigation with external counsel;
- Coordinate company secretarial work
- Close out any legal disputes
- Deliver to tight financial budgets
- Results oriented: emphasizes solutions that maximize revenues while meeting business needs; takes action to minimize unanticipated costs or eliminate possible losses
- Efficient: finds faster, less costly ways to achieve objectives; organizes work so that multiple tasks can be accomplished simultaneously;
- Committed: pursues goals for department over significant amount of time despite lack of immediate support elsewhere in the organisation;
- Communicator: keeps others informed about issues and changes that will affect them;
- Leadership: gives candid advice, actively supports corporate decisions even if unpopular; demonstrates leadership on important business and operational issues;
- Impact and Influence: takes repeated action against resistance / obstacles in working toward results;
- Strategic Business Sense: understands the environment and is aware of projected directions of the industry
- Adaptable: adjusts quickly to changes in thinking and working in the business; embraces organisational changes that are needed;
- Coordination, oversight and management of the global Legal Department comprising 4 people.
UK Legal Qualification holding a current Practicing Certificate.
Must have held a position within an in-house company function.