24 Mar Bid Manager
Bid Manager – London – £60k
Our client is a globally active IT consultancy in the Network and IT Support fields, supporting large-scale clients in increasing their IT infrastructure efficiency.
To bolster their growth, we are currently looking for a Bid Manager, to join their growing team.
You have a depth of experience in working across the global IT landscape. You love a challenge, you thrive in presenting, influencing and working in a multi-client landscape. A Keen ear and eye, able to listen and understand bid document requirements and then deliver at the right level of quality and accuracy. Used to working on some of the largest IT projects at a global scale. Able to manage, under pressure, the challenging timelines and changing client needs, without losing sight of the overall objectives in a project. You are a natural organiser, with the ability to drive a team to the right quality and timescale to deliver bid responses.
Day to Day
• Support the growth of business and pipeline within our client environment.
• identifying opportunities on which to submit bids and feeding into the decision over whether to bid for the work
• devising a successful strategy for winning a bid, including pinpointing the unique selling points (key differentiators) of your organisation, knowing your company’s operating and profit margins and understanding the clients’ specific requirements (the client in this case is the organisation that is offering the work)
• researching, writing and/or checking proposals
• working with key members of the project team and the client organisation to obtain the information required to compile the bid
• assessing and addressing the technical and commercial risks relating to the bid they are working on
• tracking costs of the bid and response
• researching current and future market trends
• responding to clients’ and other stakeholders’ queries before, during and after the bid has been submitted
• putting together a team to oversee the bid
• overseeing the internal team during the bid process and making sure deadlines are met
• if the bid is successful, briefing the teams who will carry out the project work.
• Research into industry trends and movements, so that innovative and leading-edge solutions are provided, helping to provide competitive advantage for the business.
• Work within a matrix organization and enlist assistance and support from relevant people when compiling a bid
• Maintain an understanding of the specific opportunity sector key business drivers, to enable the development of tailored solutions.
• Identify and review the specific risks associated with the opportunity solution.
• Managing the library of bid documents to create efficiencies in delivering bids in the future
• Sales mindset – driven toward winning with high energy and a strong work ethic
• IT and Field Services experience and knowledge across a Global landscape
• Project management approach – capable of managing a diverse range of team member to deliver to the goal.
• Achieves immediate credibility, confidently presenting varying ideas to create value and challenge the status quo – able to think quickly, listen well to others, and understand how to react and modify approach to thrive in front of clients and other key influencers
• Depth of knowledge in global services marketplace
• Demonstrable experience of developing large national / multinational outsourcing bids.
• Global Services IT delivery experience
• Strong track record in an solutions positions within the Data Centre / Deskside / Network Deployment industry, with experience operating across a multi-country region
• Exceptional written, oral, commercial and presentation skills.
• Degree level education or competency.
• Capable project manager and organizer able to meet tight deadlines under pressure.
• Team player able to form coordinate, drive and motivate small and large bid teams.
• Innovative, creative and commercial thinker able to create competitive advantage.
• Ability to build and develop strong effective relationships, both internally and externally, creating a network of contacts.
• Able to listen and think strategically, manage risk and be innovative in problem solving.
• An excellent influencer at all organizational levels, including the ability to develop credibility and trust quickly with senior managers/decision makers.
Sorry, the comment form is closed at this time.